Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part One Red Carpet

Around this time last year I worked on a short film, Compromise, with brilliant actress, Layla Alizada.  We had kept in touch a little over the year and a few weeks ago I got an email from her asking if I was available to do makeup for a premiere that her and her boyfriend were walking the red carpet on.  Little did I know that it was for one of the biggest premieres of 2011 (at least to a twihard!) Noel Fisher, Layla's boyfriend, was cast as a Romanian vampire for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part Two and was invited to walk the red carpet for Part One.



Before the day of the event, Layla and I talked about what style and color her dress was going to be so I could think about makeup ideas that would complement her entire look.  She wanted smoky eyes but not too over-the-top or dramatic and a semi-nude lip.

While I was applying her makeup we lamented the amount of time it takes for a guy to get ready versus the amount of time it takes for a girl to get ready.  All Noel had to do was style his hair and get a touch of powder and he was ready to walk out the door!

The outcome for both was incredible and they looked fantastic on the carpet in front of the ridiculous amount of photographers.  As always, pictures are posted below!


No comments:

Post a Comment