Monday, March 25, 2013

A Tuscan Engagement



The night before I went away for college my mother and I watched Under the Tuscan Sun and I have been dying to go to Tuscany ever since.  My family has been talking about going to Italy for a few years and last summer we finally bit the bullet.  Chris and I were newly engaged and I just knew that the backdrop of Tuscany would make for amazing engagement pictures.  How lucky am I that my sister, Jordana, just happens to be a terrific wedding photographer?!
When planning outfits and looks for the shoot, Jordana and I were heavily influenced by Sophia Loren and the Italian cinema of the 60's and 70's.  I knew that I wanted to change my hair and makeup relatively easily since we would be shooting throughout the town of Cortona and the roads and fields outside of the city limits.

We started in the city with a more formal look.  I went for a somewhat messy with a little height french twist, a dark winged eye and long lashes with a nude lip.  As soon as we got into the more casual look I swiped on Nars Heatwave lipstick and a headscarf with huge sunnies. When looking at the photos while we were shooting I decided to take down the intensity of the lip by adding a hint of glossy pink on top.  Three very simple looks by just changing lip color!





No comments:

Post a Comment